First of all, innocent ignorance is the normal state
In Taiwan, people used to have to stand up and sing the national anthem before the movie starts.
Taiwan, according to the 1943 Cairo Declaration, has not been returned to China.
Second, the top ten turning points in the history of Taiwan
From the fine-tuning of ex-President Ma’s curriculum, it was revealed that under the ROC party-state colonial system education, Taiwan’s history was severely distorted. This tells us that the Taiwanese people are not only taught to be ignorant of Taiwan’s history, but also recognize the thief as the father. Therefore, Dr. Tu Fengen and others from Harvard East Asia Department created the “Story: History for All" website. In August 2015, they published a freely accessible e-book, a 39-page booklet “Taiwan· Story — A book of ten historical turning points.
- 1568 Dutch Revolutionary War.
- 1662 Zheng Chenggong’s death.
- 1786 Lin Shuangwen incident.
- 1860 restart port trade.
- 1895 Treaty of Shimonoseki.
- The 1908 railway was opened continuously.
- 1936 National Spirit General Mobilization.
- 1947, February 28 and later.
- 1951 San Francisco Peace Treaty.
- 1979 Taiwan Relations Law.
Conclusion: Now is the future!
The book is simple and easy to read, the most notable three things from the book:
- All important turning points in the history of Taiwan are related to the island, foreign countries, and the world;
- The fate of Taiwan and Taiwanese, whether we are more fortunate or unfortunate, we are influenced by “foreigners" rather than “China"; we rely on “Taiwanese" rather than “Chinese."
- Finally, and most recently, the two turning points we have had time to grasp are the San Francisco Peace Treaty, which came into effect in 1952, and the US-Taiwan Relations Act, which came into effect in 1979.
This shows that the “Taiwan Government" has been on the right path.
Third, the starting point of the Taiwan Relations Law
Despite the fact that Taiwan’s textbooks are taught under the ROC system for 40 years, the elections are not mentioned, and the media is unfair, so that the Taiwanese people below 50 years old, as mentioned above, have almost no vigilance, resulting in island-wide and international confusion what Taiwan actually is.
The Taiwan Relations Law, which was enacted in April 1979 and came into effect from 1979 Jan 1st, is, fortunately, the domestic law of the United States. It is the traffic light that the President of the United States must abide by. It is the amulet of the human rights of the people of Taiwan and the protection of Taiwan’s security crisis.
1979 Up to now, the pace of Taiwan’s founding of the country has been 40 years since it continued to follow the ROC system; the population has grown from 18 million at the time to 23.5 million now.
The poet said: “God only gives you the first word, and the rest is your business!" If every word is to be written by God’s reward, there will be no poets and poems in the world.
If humans do not raise the holy baby into Jesus Christ, 30 years old, how can Jesus Christ be crucified for human beings to bear all evil?
Now, in the wonderful grace, we have been given the first two items: the San Francisco Peace Treaty and the Taiwan Relations Law. The text also shows the human rights; security and nation-building jurisprudence of the “Taiwanese people", which made the conditions better than Moses.
We are duty-bound, only to receive revelation, to recognize the road, and to take the step of Taiwan’s independence!